When I was little:
When I was younger ( elementary school ages) the ocd manifested in some different ways than now including:
- Needing to snap my fingers.
- Scratching paper/other surfaces.
- Blinking rapidly or a certain number of times ( this still happens sometimes).
- Grinding my teeth although I hate the sound.
- Checking door locks ( still do that one too)
- Needing to say certain things in my head before bed.
- Checking my closet ( yes i really did believe i would find something there).
- Repeatedly checking the time on the clock before I would go to bed.
- And the really creepy one: Having serious suicidal thoughts of stabbing myself even getting to the point where I would go into the kitchen grab a steak knife and hold the point to my chest. ( I was less than ten years old with this one)
OCD can be really scary when your young because you have no idea why you think the things you do. I have always known that I thought diferently but I never knew why for almost 20 years.